AUSA: Collins Aerospace spotlights solutions to advance Army priorities
Virtual attendees of the Association of the United States Army (AUSA) Annual Meeting to be held on Oct. 13-16 will have the opportunity to learn how Collins Aerospace Systems, a unit of Raytheon Technologies Corporation is supporting key Army modernization priorities with state-of-the-art solutions. The company is highlighting its extensive portfolio of capabilities designed to advance top Army Futures Command programs, including Future Vertical Lift, Network, Assured Position Navigation and Timing, and Next Generation Combat Vehicle.
“Collins Aerospace has a long history of partnering with the US Army to provide innovative solutions, going all the way back to World War I,” said Fred Manzo, director, U.S. Army programs for Collins Aerospace. “Today, more than a century later, Collins remains committed to meeting the needs of the warfighter. We are aligned with and invested in the service’s modernization priorities, with a breadth of transformational offerings to help enable sustainable overmatch.”
AUSA Product Highlights:
- · AFD-3210: The Adaptive Flight Display (AFD) 3210 provides the latest liquid crystal displays (LCD) technology with a power-efficient, 800-by-400 resolution. The AFD-3210 features a resistive touchscreen display compatible with any type of flight glove and is available for both fixed-and rotary-wing platforms. The large, 9-inch LCD screen is night vision compatible and enables better viewing and interpretation of data for more efficient task management. The optimized touch-activation force minimizes false activations, which improves mission performance and reduces pilot workload.
- · PerigonTM VMC: The in-development PerigonTM Vehicle Management Computer (VMC) will be an FAA-certifiable computer with up to three dissimilar multi-core processors and high-speed communications, offering 20 times more power than Collins Aerospace’s existing flight control computers. Perigon’s advanced computing ability and open-system architecture will give customers the flexibility to load it with their complex software applications, such as autonomy, flight control and cybersecurity. The system will be available in both double and triple redundant configurations.
- · MFD-4820: The Multi-Function Display (MFD) 4820 has a wide, glove compatible, multi-touch surface that eliminates unintended touchscreen activations and increases overall sunlight visibility. The MFD-4820 includes an 8-by-20-inch monolithic liquid crystal display with electrically independent left/right halves. This redundant-design architecture reduces screen blurriness, enables artifact-free video formats, and improves operational performance and safety.
- · TruNet™: The TruNet™ networked communications solution is the first to offer secure, software-defined networking capabilities between ground and airborne elements. Using advanced networking waveforms, apps, ancillaries, and services, TruNet provides complete control of network communications and enables secure sharing of critical data (image, voice, and video communications) across all domains.
- Collins Aerospace Systems is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
- · Raytheon Technologies Corporation is an aerospace and defense company that provides advanced systems and services for commercial, military and government customers worldwide. With 195,000 employees and four industry-leading businesses ― Collins Aerospace Systems, Pratt & Whitney, Raytheon Intelligence & Space and Raytheon Missiles & Defense ― the company delivers solutions that push the boundaries in avionics, cybersecurity, directed energy, electric propulsion, hypersonics, and quantum physics. The company, formed in 2020 through the combination of Raytheon Company and the United Technologies Corporation aerospace businesses, is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.